Are you a new celebrant looking for guidance to develop your business and professional profile? Or are you already underway but unsure of the next steps to take? Do you want to sharpen your interview techniques, ceremony writing or presentation skills? Do you want to extend and expand your business to include funerals and other celebrations of life?
Throughout my career, I’ve personally experienced the benefits that came with having had a great mentor. I am pleased to offer mentoring training for celebrants drawing on my years of knowledge, experience, and perspective.
Whether your business is currently emerging as an exciting side-hustle, or you aim to work as a full-time celebrant in the future, the realities of running a celebrant business make engaging with an experienced mentor a worthwhile investment.
I can help those new to the industry, and existing celebrants wanting to sharpen their skills and regain enthusiasm with some fresh ideas for their business. You may just need some general advice and to ask a few questions, so one session is all you need. Or you may want to catch-up on an ongoing basis as your business grows and develops.
Whether it is weddings or funerals (or both) we can discuss the topics most important to you and I can cover the following:
- The key aspects of being a professional celebrant and best practices I have learned from experience and networking.
- How to turn inquiries into bookings.
- The process of working with a couple/a family from the first contact through to ceremony completion – and afterwards!
- The interviewing and writing process; including how to extract information to ensure creative ceremonies; script review, editing, and feedback.
- Celebrant administration including understanding the processes of document ordering, processing of paperwork and document submission. Advice on associated portals such as the DIA website, Births Deaths and Marriages, and Real Me.
- What you can/can’t do in a ceremony and everything that celebrants need to know from a legal perspective.
- Information on ceremony logistics, the key players and what to do on the day.
- Advice on pricing and tracking finances, and how to set up your terms and conditions.
- How to advertise and market yourself on social media and the web.
- Learn by watching (if prior approval is granted from clients to attend a ceremony)
- Identify what isn’t working in your business and help you to find a solution.
My mentoring sessions can be specifically tailored for your needs. Sessions are done in person over coffee in a great café or done via Zoom or Facetime.
Whatever support you require, if you need someone to guide and motivate you through your venture as a celebrant, please get in touch. If you are unsure how long it may take to gain the information you need, please contact me for a quote.
Fee: $100 per hour